The ULI NEXT initiative enhances the value of ULI’s global resources and membership networks and fosters leadership opportunities among ULI, the real estate industry, and other players.
ULI NEXT provides a range of benefits to participants as they develop their leadership skills and build lasting relationships among peers throughout the ULI network under the guidance of ULI. ULI NEXT members enjoy access to:
- Research activities that serve as growth opportunities toward becoming leaders of the next generation.
- Opportunities for collaborating and networking with other ULI members and real estate and other industry professionals.
- A platform to give back to the community and the real estate industry as well as create new business opportunities.
ULI NEXT supports the ULI mission by identifying, connecting, and elevating the next generation of leaders for the built environment and ULI globally. ULI NEXT brings together and supports members aged 35-45 in all of ULI’s activities.
ULI NEXT in Japan
The ULI NEXT Japan Initiative was formed in 2019 with a goal to create a measurable impact under its first research theme, “Sustainable Regional Revitalization.” To date, the team has conducted research through regular meetings, dialogue with experts and site visits to research areas.
About the Theme
While the emergence of innovative work styles stimulated by advancement of technologies is expected to bring about a new paradigm shift, the convergence of Japan’s population and business activities toward Tokyo has yet to cease, and the need for regional revitalization is salient. What would it take to realize lifestyles that our generation views as affluent but seem unattainable in city centers? Is urbanization an absolute necessity to retain convenience lost in deurbanization? These questions led the team to conduct case studies on revitalized regional cities where various issues were found to exist behind their stories of success.
ULI NEXT is committed to:
- Its mission to provide opportunities for valuable discussion and sharing of information between real estate and land use professionals and local decision makers.
- Pursuing the mission of ULI through each project by focusing on collaboration with the community and provision of solutions to existing problems.
- Its goal of focusing on the process, building up short-term activities, and delivering medium- and long-term results.
Eligibility for Participation
- ULI member or non-member whose age is between 35 and 45.
- Commitment to attend meetings held once to twice a month and fulfill assigned tasks.
- In addition to willingness to step out from normal work activities for the purpose of discovery, business trips inside Japan and to abroad may be required as part of activities and research.
Senior Manager, Marketing
Pembroke Real Estate Japan
Senior Manager, Investment Sales
Cushman & Wakefield
Principal, Representative in Japan
Gensler and Associates International
Associate, Property Ttransaction Services Sanko Office Management
Senior Assistant Manager Shibaura Project Planning Dept.
Shibaura Project Division
Nomura Real Estate Development
Asset Manager, Investment Management
Touchstone Capital Management
Real Estate Economist
Research Dept. Chief Research Fellow
Japan Real Estate Institute
Cerified Real Estate Appraiser
Associate Director Research Dept. PropTech Research Group
Japan Real Estate Institute
Interested in Getting Involved?
If you are interested in getting involved, please send the information listed below to the ULI Japan office.
- Your name, title, and company name
- Your affiliation with ULI and a brief CV
- Inquiry (questions to ULI NEXT, why you are interested in joining, etc.)